Sunday, October 27, 2013

A Rest from Adventuring

Dearest Readers,

So. It has come to this.

I love this phrase, and I use it whenever I can. Today, it means that I have to take a break from blogging. I haven't been that stellar since I started the new job (amazing what an extra 40 hours of work a week does to one's blogging output -- I have a big ol' stack of papers I really should be tackling). But I really like talking about books to total stranger who may or may not be spambots (and a few of my wonderful friends).

Anywhoosie, I'm going to take the rest of October and the month of November off from this blog. I'll still be writing my monthly post for Guys Lit Wire because we're a bit understaffed there (and hey, if you're interested in writing for GLW, keep your eyes peeled for an announcement asking for new contributors), and I can manage one post a month. But this week has been super rough. I was in a car accident Monday morning (lots of damage to my car, none to me or anyone else, and insurance is covering most of the bill, thank God), I have a dentist appointment this week and suspect I need some serious work there, I had to chaperon a school dance AND a pep assembly, and I got a spider in my hair. So I'm taking these as signs I need to cool my obligations for a bit. My dad is still going through chemo, and while he feels good now, I need to help out around the house more, which means less reading time.

And I'm going to try NaNoWriMo this year, which will take a few of my precious spare minutes.

Also also, Thor: The Dark World is in theaters soon, and I need to see it, like, six times at least.

So until my return, you can stare at this as a reminder to visit your local library.


1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you're having a rough week, Deb. I hope November brings with it a bit of much-deserved mellowness. :)

    ReplyDelete